Parenting is challenging, but it’s the most rewarding job you’ll ever do. As you help your children grow and develop into good people, you’ll see things from an entirely new perspective. Many beautiful quotes can help parents remember how fulfilling the journey can be.
Sometimes, you might forget how great of a parent you are. You’ll make mistakes and question yourself once in a while, and that is okay. These beautiful quotes can help reaffirm that you don’t need to be perfect to be a great parent.
Positive quotes about parenting and be inspiring as they give you encouragement and strength. You can relate to many of the quotes, and the others can help guide you in a new direction. Use your favorite beautiful quotes to boost your spirits and encourage you to take action as a parent.
Beautiful Quotes for Parents
These beautiful quotes about parenting can help you on calm days and ones that seem out of control. No matter what stage of life you are in, every parent needs to hear these positive messages. If any of them resonate with you, consider writing the beautiful quotes down and referencing them often.
1. “If parents want to give their children a gift, the best thing they can do is to teach their children to love challenges, be intrigued by mistakes, enjoy effort, and keep on learning. That way, their children don’t have to be slaves of praise. They will have a lifelong way to build and repair their own confidence.” – Carol Dweck
The best thing you can do for your kids is teach them to handle obstacles with grace. If they can look at a challenge as an exciting learning opportunity, they’re sure to succeed and live happily. When a child takes on this motivational mindset, they’ll learn to feel confident about their abilities even without praise.
2. “I wholeheartedly believe that when we are fully engaged in parenting regardless of how imperfect, vulnerable, and messy it is, we are creating something sacred.” – Brene Brown
These beautiful quotes serve as a great reminder–you don’t have to be a perfect parent, but you have to be there for the hard times just as much as the good ones. As Dweck explains, if you are present and engaged as a parent, you create a sacred bond that can’t break. Parenting is imperfect and unpredictable, but it’s more special than anything else.
3. “Ideas and values are most powerfully communicated when they are embedded into family life, rooted in the being of the parents. Regardless of what we think we’re teaching, we teach what we are.” – Nathaniel Branden
Your child will understand and learn to love your family’s ideas and values. As children watch their parents, they begin to become what you are.
By practicing the values you try to teach, your children will pick up on that, too. While this isn’t always a perfect method, showing that you follow what you teach will help embed it into your family life.
Take Things in Stride by Remembering These Beautiful Quotes
4. “Live in the moment and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.” – Fanny Crosby
As you spend time with your kids, don’t stress about anything else. Push away thoughts on the past and future because living in the moment is more important. When you embrace the present, you can create a beautiful life that your children remember forever.
5. “It’s not what you do for your children but what you have taught them to do for themselves that will make them successful human beings.” – Ann Landers
While it might be easy to do things for your kids, you should let them do it themselves. When you teach children to do something for themselves, you also teach them to be successful.
Not only are they learning to take care of themselves, but you also help boost their confidence. Each time you let your child do things for themself, it shows them that you believe in them. In turn, they believe in themselves a little more, too, which is a motivational feeling.
6. “Don’t compare your child to others. There is no comparison between the sun and the moon. They shine when it’s their time.” – Unknown
Every child is different, and they’ll blossom at their own pace. As a parent, it is essential to remember not to compare your child to anyone else. Even comparing them to their siblings is detrimental to their overall mental well-being.
Remember this beautiful quote the next time your child isn’t ready for something that someone else is. It’ll happen for your child when it’s their time.
Shape Your Children Today for a Better Tomorrow
7. “Raise your words, not voice, it is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.” – Rumi
When you want something to grow and flourish, care for it nourishingly. Raising your voice won’t help your child, but using the right words will. Remember this quote the next time you find yourself angry or upset with your child.
8. “We all create our own lives. Helping your children develop what is inside them is the best guarantee of them creating a rewarding life in the world around them.” – Sir Ken Robinson
Each person develops their life as they go along. As your children use what is inside them to move along their journey, you’ll want them to have the best chances. Make sure that you help your child develop what they have into positive influences for their lives and those around them.
9. “What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.” – Benjamin Spock
When you parent your children, go with your gut and follow your instincts as you make decisions. Good parents tend to have positive instincts, as Spock explains, so don’t doubt yourself or your parenting abilities. You know your child better than anyone else does, so you know what is best for them.
10. “Our children can be our greatest teachers if we are humble enough to receive their lessons.”- Bryant McGill
Kids see and interpret things differently than adults do. They also find joy in the little things in life. And these beautiful quotes remind all parents about the beauty around them. Plus, as children learn and grow, parents do, too.
Be open to receiving the lessons you get from your children. Most of the time, these lessons turn out to be the best ones of your life.
Be a Great Role Model
11. “The point of parenting isn’t to have all the answers before we start out but instead to figure it out on the go as our children grow, because as they do, so will we.” – Bridgett Miller
You can’t prepare yourself for parenting because every experience is different. Every parent figures out the answers as they go along and choose what they feel is best.
Learn to embrace this part of parenting because you’re growing alongside your child. Use the inspiring wisdom you gain each day to guide you along your journey.
12. “There is no such thing as a perfect parent. So just be a real one.” – Sue Atkins
No one is perfect, even if they pretend to be. Don’t hide your flaws because everyone has them. Instead, be a genuine person by admitting your mistakes and trying your best.
13. “Parents are the ultimate role models for children. Every word, every movement, and action affects. No other person or outside force has a greater influence on a child than a parent.” – Bob Keeshan
Parents tend to blame outside influences for their child’s behavior, but it’s wise to look closer to home for the source. Your children model your words, movements, and actions. Since kids aren’t fully developed, their model of your behavior might look different than your actual behavior.
Remember this beautiful quote as you go along your parenting journey. Make sure you’re setting good examples for your child so that they can model positivity and good morals.
14. “While we try to teach our children about life, our children end up teaching us what life is all about.” – Angela Schwindt
You don’t know what life is all about until you start raising your children. Kids have a way of opening their eyes to all that is good in the world. As you teach your children to live and survive, make sure to pick up on what they’re teaching you, too.
15. “My childhood may be over, but that doesn’t mean playtime is.” – Ron Olson
This beautiful quote reminds you that you’re never too old to play with your kids. You might not be a child anymore, but you can still engage with your child, doing things they love.
Final Thoughts on Beautiful Quotes Every Parent Needs to Hear
These beautiful quotes for parents will help guide you on your parenting journey. No one is perfect, especially since parenting comes with many unexpected experiences. As long as you do the best you can and follow your instincts, you are a great parent.
Use beautiful quotes for parents to help remind you that you don’t have to be perfect. Your child loves you and models your behavior because they think you are great. Keep these positive quotes in mind, and you’ll remember what a blessing this journey is.