15 Phrases Never to Forget
11. “No one has power over you unless you give it to them, you are in control of your life, and your choices decide your own fate.” – Unknown
When you feel like someone else controls your life, it’s because you gave them the power to do it. It’s time for you to take back the control and start making decisions for yourself. Remember that every decision you make determines your future, so don’t let anyone take power.
12. “You get older, and you learn there is one sentence, just four words long, and if you can say it to yourself, it offers more comfort than almost any other. It goes like this: At least I tried.” – Ann Brashares
Sometimes you feel like your life is out of your control because things didn’t turn out the way you’d hoped. However, as long as you try, you are in control and hold the power over your life. It’s only when you let your fear, worry, or lack of motivation stop you from trying that you have a problem.
13. “Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.” – Robert Tew
Part of regaining control requires that you respect yourself. You can’t stay in detrimental situations if you want power over your life. Instead, assess everyone and everything in your life and determine what serves you, helps you grow, or makes you happy.
14. “Success is hastened or delayed by one’s habits. It is not your passing inspirations or brilliant ideas so much as your everyday mental habits that control your life.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
Your daily habits determine your chance of success in life. You can have many great ideas and moments of inspiration, but it won’t help if you don’t make hard work a habit. Continually working toward what you want and need are the only ways to regain control of your life.
15. “You only have control over three things in your life – the thoughts you think, the images you visualize, and the actions your take.” – Jack Canfield
If you can remember this quote from Canfield, you’re sure to take control of your life. All you need to know is that you can control your thoughts and actions.
Final Thoughts on How to Take Back Your Power: 15 Phrases Never to Forget
Everyone experiences times in their lives when they feel like things are out of their control. These phrases can help you regain control and start living for yourself again. If you can remember these words of wisdom, you’ll stay focused on the essential parts of your life.
Putting these life lessons in an area, you’ll see often can help you remember. You could put your favorite phrase in your workspace, bedroom, bathroom, or anywhere else you’ll notice it.