Negative thinking impacts your life in many detrimental ways. Negativity influences your overall sense of wellbeing and your relationships, and it can hold you back from reaching your goals. Positive thinking quotes can quickly help you change your mindset from negative to positive, allowing you to live a more fulfilling life.
Using quotes to help you think more positively makes it easier to get through hard times. When you’re feeling down, these quotes can help you change your mindset and move forward. These quotes can be a helpful reminder anytime you feel angry, depressed, stressed, or just under the weather.
While it’s easy to wallow in negativity, you don’t want to keep that mindset for long. Maintaining a positive mindset will help you become successful, and it’ll improve your relationships. Plus, you’ll feel better overall, thinking clearly and peacefully.
Twenty Quotes to Help Change Your Mindset
Shifting to positive thinking can also help you improve your problem-solving skills. You’ll see the bigger picture and recognize alternative ways to accomplish your goals. If you struggle with a negative mindset, use these quotes to help you change it.
1. “Negative emotions like loneliness, envy, and guilt have an important role to play in a happy life; they’re big, flashing signs that something needs to change.” – Gretchen Rubin
While negative emotions seem to have no benefits, Rubin explains that they do. These feelings allow you to recognize when something in your life needs to change. When you listen to the warnings, you can make regular improvements in your life.
2. “I think it’s important to get your surroundings as well as yourself into a positive state – meaning surround yourself with positive people, not the kind who are negative and jealous of everything you do.” – Heidi Klum
The people in your life play a role in your mindset. If you spend your time with negative people, you will develop that mindset, as well. Choose positive people, instead, and you will have an easier time making the change.
3. “Plant seeds of expectation in your mind; cultivate thoughts that anticipate achievement. Believe in yourself as being capable of overcoming all obstacles and weaknesses.” – Norman Vincent Peale
You can shift your mindset when you expect more of yourself and think positive thoughts of achievement. Remind yourself that you can overcome anything, no matter how hard it seems.
4. “It takes but one positive thought when given a chance to survive and thrive to overpower an entire army of negative thoughts.” – Robert H. Schuller
When you experience a negative thought, you can push it away by thinking positively. As Schuller explains, one positive overpowers many negative thoughts. If you find yourself thinking negatively, make a conscious effort to replace it with another idea.
5. “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” – Marcus Aurelius
Most of the time, your discomfort from a situation is because of your reaction to it. If you react negatively, you will suffer. However, if you respond positively, you can overcome the problem instead.
6. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal. Nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” – Thomas Jefferson
With the right attitude, anything is possible. If you always have a negative mindset, on the other hand, you won’t accomplish much of anything.
7. “Man is not suffering by external forces as much as his own dysfunctional mind and self-inflicted negative stimulus.” – Aditya Ajmera
When you feel like you’re suffering, check your mindset and see what you’re thinking about. If your thoughts are unhelpful and detrimental, then you have found the source of your suffering.
8. “Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can.” – Paul Tournier
The people with positive thoughts and self-confidence are the ones that tend to succeed. Their success is often due to positive thinking because your thoughts tend to determine the outcome.
9. “I realized that if my thoughts immediately affect my body, I should be careful about what I think. Now, if I get angry, I ask myself why I feel that way. If I can find the source of my anger, I can turn that negative energy into something positive.” – Yoko Ono
When your thoughts make you angry or upset, you must find a way to change them. Figure out what causes is causing those thoughts, and then you can begin to change your mindset.
10. “The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.” -Winston Churchill
With a positive mindset, you can see things that other people don’t recognize. It leads to achievement and success, and you’ll be far ahead of all the negative thinkers.
11. “A negative attitude drains, a positive attitude energizes.” – Lindsey Rietzsch
Negativity drains you of your energy, hope, focus, and everything else that you need. On the other hand, a positive attitude gives you energy and the determination to keep moving forward.
12. “Nothing good stands without the right attitude. You may know how to do it, but if the attitude is negative, all you can say is ‘I could have done it.’” – Israelmore Ayivor
If you let a negative attitude stop you from doing something, it won’t matter if you knew how. All that matters is that you stayed positive and gave your best effort.
13. “Attitude is more important than the past than education than money than circumstances than what people do or say. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill.” – Charles R. Swindoll
Don’t let outside sources affect you if you want to change your mindset from negative to positive. Whatever happened in your past shouldn’t affect your perspective. Plus, you can be positive no matter what your education level is, how much money you have, or what your circumstances look like.
14. “And I knew, then and there, that no matter what happens one should never let the negatives in their life become the manifesto of their whole being. It always takes two to tango. Negatives don’t come without positives.” – Zainab T. Khan
Things won’t always work out the way you wanted them to, but you can’t let negative thoughts take over your life. When you experience something negative, remind yourself of this quote because a positive will come, too.
15. “We lost because we told ourselves we lost.” – Leo Tolstoy
When you allow negative thoughts to fester, they become your reality. So, as Tolstoy explains, if you tell yourself that you’ll lose, that’s what will happen. The next time your negative thoughts tell you that you can’t do something, make sure you switch them and say that you can.
16. “Discipline your mind to think positively. Discipline your mind to see the good in every situation and look on the best side of every intent” – Roy T. Bennett
With practice, your thoughts will gravitate toward positivity more often than negativity. Teach yourself to see the positive aspects of all situations, and you’ll live a happier life.
17. “Negativity is cannibalistic. The more you feed it, the bigger and stronger it grows.” – Bobby Darnell
As Darnell explains, negativity feeds on itself, growing stronger each minute. The longer you let it fester, the more intense it becomes. Remember this quote the next time you struggle to change your mindset.
18. “Watch out for the joy-stealers: gossip, criticism, complaining, faultfinding, and a negative, judgmental attitude.” – Joyce Meyer
You might not realize it, but having a negative mindset involves more than just negative thoughts. Negativity thrives on gossip, criticism, complaining, and many other things. Be careful how you speak because it can make all the difference between a negative and positive mindset.
19. “It would be easy to become a victim of our circumstances and continue feeling sad, scared, or angry; or instead, we could choose to deal with injustice humanely and break the chains of negative thoughts and energies, and not let ourselves sink into it.” – Erin Gruwell
When you have a victim mentality, negativity will take over your life. However, if you choose to deal with things positively, you’ll experience positive energy that helps get you through.
20. “Look for something positive in every day, even if some days you have to look a little harder.” – Unknown
The best parts of life aren’t always easy to spot. Stay on the lookout for little bits of joy that breed positivity within.
Final Thoughts on Quotes to Help Change Your Mindset from Negative to Positive
If you want to change your mindset from negative to positive, these quotes can help you. Changing your mindset can improve all areas of your life and help you feel more fulfilled in life. Plus, it’ll positively influence your professional and personal relationships.
If you want to live the best life possible, switching from negativity to positivity is essential. Remember the quotes that resonated with you the most, and recall them during challenging times.