Advertising Sales Associate – Mindful
We’re seeking an highly driven Sales Associate to join our team. Bring your enthusiasm and experience in advertising and sales to our multi-media platforms, Mindful magazine and mindful.org. The ideal candidate will be motivated to build relationships with our clients and potential customers and to grow our print and online advertising sales as a key contributor to supporting Mindful’s work and mission.
Who is Mindful?
Mindful is a public benefit corporation that is dedicated to sharing secular mindfulness to support good health, positive relationships, and a compassionate society. With a monthly audience of over two million in 87 countries, this is a chance to make a real impact! You’ll enjoy our positive, flexible, and collaborative work culture. We like what we do, but more importantly, we like each other.
Reporting to Mindful’s Director of Advertising, the Sales Associate is responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing advertising strategies for our endemic clients. Daily activities include managing and executing advertising campaigns, delivering strategic guidance to clients, playing an important role in the growth of our clients’ business, and Mindful revenue streams, and in particular, driving and growing our endemic sales volume.
- Conduct outbound phone/online meeting/email sales to new and existing endemic (mindfulness-oriented) advertising accounts.
- Support international ad sales across all platforms associated with Mindful magazine and mindful.org.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and potential clients through friendly, responsive service.
- Help determine sales strategies and priorities in collaboration with Advertising Director.
- Renew existing and past advertisers, and identify and cultivate potential new advertisers.
- Prepare advertising proposals and contracts through customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Maintain timely entry and ongoing updates in company CRM.
- Set up and deliver sales presentations and other sales activities as assigned.
- Serve as the go-to contact for clients.
- Create and present marketing performance reports for our clients
For you to be the best fit for this role, you’re:
- Hungry and sales oriented.
- At least 2 years of sales experience
- Detail-oriented: Hyper-focused on the details and their impact on the bigger picture
- Proactive: You act without being told what to do, and bring new ideas to the company
- Analytical: You exhibit a probing mind and draw insights from data
- Growth driven: You put energy into learning, not in trying to look smart
- Efficient: You produce significant output, avoiding wasted effort where possible
- Honest & ethical: You don’t cut corners; you do what is right, not necessarily what is convenient
- Driven: You work hard, and you expect personal & team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- A strong communicator: You speak and write clearly and articulately
What qualifications will you need?
- One to three years of experience in sales.
- Excellent sales acumen; strong communication, negotiating, and influence skills; and creative and strategic thinking abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
- Solid experience in identifying opportunities, pre-call planning, call control, account development, and time management.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, energetic, and engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Practice or interest in mindfulness and meditation is an advantage, though not necessary.
- Tech-savvy with hands-on experience using Google suite of products including Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Calendar.
- Experience with WordPress, Salesforce, Omeda, or other CMS platforms is highly desirable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of both the media industry and the needs of advertising clients.
- This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Location: Hybrid
- Base salary plus commission arrangement, commensurate with experience: $40,000-$55,000+ annually
- We offer flexible working arrangements, paid leave, dental care, vision care, and employer-paid extended health care.
- Schedule: Monday – Friday
- We are a supportive and inclusive workplace and encourage people from diverse communities, cultures, and backgrounds to apply.
- Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care