- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- Lemon zest (about 1/2 tbsp)
- Salt and pepper (however much you want)
We saved the best herb butter recipe for last. Just kidding – we think they’re all pretty awesome! For this one, mash up the softened butter as usual, and mix in the rosemary, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Spread on the bread of your choice and melt the butter if you’d like. We hope you enjoyed all the different ways to make herb butter!
What kind of butter should you eat?
It’s best to look for organic, grass-fed butter since the cows are fed their natural diet. This makes for more nutritious, better-tasting butter. Steer clear kinds with added oils or preservatives, which counteracts the health benefits of butter.
Here’s some excellent news. Scientists discovered the following benefits of eating high-quality butter:
- Butter contains around 11% of the RDI of Vitamin A. This vitamin is fat-soluble and helps improve skin health, vision, and the immune system.
- It’s a great source of CLA. This stands for conjugated linoleic acid, and various studies have shown it has remarkable impacts on health. For one, it can reduce body fat and help with weight management. Another study showed that it might reduce inflammation and improve the functioning of the immune system.
- Butter contains a high amount of a short-chain fatty acid called butyrate. This helps provide energy to the intestinal cells and reduces gut inflammation. It also has been shown to promote regularity in bowel movements and improve electrolyte balance.
In the past, scientists believed that butter and high-fat animal products caused heart and blood pressure issues. They also thought that high cholesterol and saturated fat would lead to clogged arteries and promote weight gain.
New research has shown that the opposite is actually true. Butter can lower inflammation, a precursor to heart and blood pressure issues. It can also aid weight loss due to the butyrate, which helps lower insulin resistance. So, enjoy butter as part of a healthy diet – it’s good for you!
When you go to a restaurant where they serve herb butter, you probably wonder how you can make it yourself. Now you can use these simple recipes! They only take a few household ingredients, and you can whip them up in no time. You can enjoy them on your favorite bread or use them for cooking veggies or meat.
Herb butter is incredibly versatile, delicious, and easy to make. Best of all, you can customize them to experience new flavors or combinations that you enjoy.